Friday, September 26, 2008

Lollipop ~ U must mistake me for a Suckuh


It's no secret that I'm a Britney Spears fan. Her music and performances inspire me, and now...so does her story. Mental illness isn't a joke. I can't imagine being at a "low" and dealing with the amount of probing she did. It's a wonder that this album ever came to fruition...A year ago, the paparazzi were writing her obituary, today the first single from Britney's new album (aptly titled "Circus") was debuted. This isn't my favorite song ever. "Blackout" (also very aptly named) boasted no less than 6 songs that I can still listen to over & over again without getting bored, and I hope that "Womanizer" is just a tease for better things to come when the album drops in December.
The sound is new & edgy, and the lyrics are great...I'm just dissatisfied with the 'persona' Brit took on for the song. There is something lacking in the vocals, and I don't feel that this is the best she has to offer.
That being said, I'm still rockin' the CD as soon as it comes out.


No comments: