Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Poli-ticks

You know what? I just deleted a post that I spent an hour and a half typing because it doesn't need to be out there.
Writing out what I liked and disliked about each candidate and reading it myself, made me realize that I'm not sure who I want to vote for. I thought I knew, but a conversation between a Grandfather and his Grandson this morning, made me doubt myself. The funny thing is, what I heard only made me more staunch in my choice at first. But, I came home and in the course of writing...did some fact checking.
Not only was I wrong, but the Grandfather was telling his Grandson lots of things that weren't true at all. Was it because he didn't do his fact checking? Probably. But, the kid didn't know that. And, neither did I. I saw this man, who was speaking about his service in Vietnam, and how his generation did things differently, and I simply believed that he knew what he was talking about. That he wouldn't spout off information that he didn't know to be true.
My mind isn't changed~yet. I think I'll still vote for the candidate that I've believed in all along. But, I'm beginning to wonder how many things that have helped form my decision are really true. If you knew me, you'd be shocked to know that I just admitted that. Jen-nay, they haven't gotten me...don't worry. But there's a light..way up there~ See it? No? Sonofabeatch. Maybe they have gotten me.
Not much longer. I've got lots more fact checking to do...

No comments: