Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Bombshell.....

Really? I don't get it. Am I a target of some kind?
The X just called. He wants another chance. To ensure that happens, he's moving to DF-Dub.
Isn't there a limit to the amount of morons this state can handle?
OK, I'm just being hateful. But, I don't understand how he thinks he can just force his way back into our lives. He wants to put a halt to the divorce proceedings because, "we're making a huge mistake'.
Ya, so I thought so too. A year ago. When I begged for counseling.

I'm just getting to a point where I'm proud of the things I've accomplished since I left. I'm happy with my life (albeit, it's crazy and half the time I'm rushing too much to know what's really going on)..but it's MY life. I've created, and endured all the good and the bad that comes from this place.

I'm not sure that I'm ready to be in a position where I have to decide whether or not to give up my freedom.

Me. Me. Me. I. I. I. Mine. Mine. Mine.....I sound like one of the kids. Petulant, and angry because a change is coming that I have no control over. Maybe some coffee will make this seem a little less crazy.

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

oh...wow...I wish I had some words of advice for you, but I surely don't. I just hope this isn't just some game he's playing with your heart. That's what mine did for the entire 12 years we were seperated. I'm coming back, no I'm not, can I come back, I don't want to come back, maybe we should try again, I'm moving on, we should start over, I want a divorce.... Just be smarter than I was, and guard your heart. On the one hand, I hope, if this is what you want, that it all works out, and you all live happily ever after. But, at the same time, I just pray that you don't get your heart stomped on again. Don't even get me started about the babies' hearts.... I'll just keep praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. is he for real?

Maybe he is -and maybe you're ready for him... but please do make it a condition that he has to go to counselling for his problems - as well as counselling for the two of you. Perhaps this will help you make up your mind.

I'll be thinking of you.

Jean Martha said...

Just reading your blog you can tell that you're very intelligent, hysterically funny...and you're gaining back self esteem/control. Wishing you well in whatever decision you make.

Nate Judd said...

Want some advice from a random stranger (saw your blog on PW's site)?
My sister-in-law just went/is going through the same thing. The X is being crazy, says he'll come see their daughter then doesn't show up, says he's sending a birthday present it never comes, says one day that he doesn't want to be a husband and father the next day he wants to give it another try. Sounds like you know that story well.
Women don't generally like being along and for that reason I think they give X's more chances than are deserved. The thing I told my sister-in-law is: how is this going to effect the kids? Yes, it's a horrible decision but how much can a child take? What if he decides again that he doesn't want or can't handle the responsibilty? Your poor kids won't even know what hit them.
My suggestion (again who am I?): Tell him no, he needs to get back on track, stay in the kids life's as much as possible, and in time see what happens.
Take a deep breath, good luck!