Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fleeing to the wilderness


We've fled the city. I'll explain in full detail in a later post, but I wanted to put something down now to let you all know that I'm alive and well. More than that, I'm happier. I needed my parents, the wilderness, the river...to remind me that I'm not alone.


She's happier also. The fresh air, coupled with long walks on the riverbed (when the dam is closed) has created a louder, more energetic, and much giggle-lier baby for me to enjoy. The older Turkeys are staying in the city with their Dad until the end of the school year. It was a heartbreaking decision, but one I had to make.


I thought leaving Colorado was "The start of something new." And realized rather quickly that it would take more than me to call it a success. Things happened that hindered my freedom, my bank account, my life...and 'making it' became my only goal. I lost myself to emotions of anger, sadness, and desperation until I realized that going 'home' didn't mean, "Failure."


So here we are. For now. And do you know what? It Rocks. Totally. Well, except for the badgers. If anyone knows how to convince a family of angry bear-like rodents to re-locate, I'll love you forever!!

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm so happy for you. I know it must have been very difficult to leave the older turkeys with their dad, but it sounds like you definitely made the right decision for you and your kids. The older ones will now have a happier, less-stressed mom to visit, and eventually come home to. So, that's good for everyone! I'm sure your parents are loving you being there, especially with the little turkey. She's seriously gorgeous, by the way! Those photos are precious! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Nate Judd said...

Colorado is one of my favorite places to be. I love just being able to close my eyes smell the mountains. I'm so envious, there's nothing like a little country air to make you feel better.
Hope all continues to go well.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You sound much happier -and that's important too. Will the older turkeys move out with you at the end of the school year?

I'm proud of you for being so brave and making so many good, and tough, decisions.

You know what: YOU rock!